If you're tired of pulling into the same boring house, you're probably ready to give your home a makeover. There are a few ways you can change the appearance of your house to make it have more curb appeal, so you'll love coming home every day.
Change Your Garage Door
Your garage door may be a defining feature of your home. It takes up a large portion of the front of the building, and it's something most people can see from the road.
Changing your garage door is as simple as replacing a faulty garage door opener for a smoother opening and adding a splash of color.
To do this:
- Strip the paint off the garage door.
- Cover the windows (if your garage door has them).
- Use a spray paint primer to prime the door.
- Choose your favorite color and spray it onto the door.
- Peel off the window covers when the paint is dry.
Your garage door will look completely new and open like a charm! For more professional tips, contact a company like Girard's Garage Door Services.
Even the most boring home can be exciting with the right landscaping.
- If you don't like the look of a barren front yard, try adding flowering bushes near your front windows and decking. This adds interest to your landscape and color to your gardens.
- A well-placed tree provides shade and shelter for local wildlife, adding a natural element to your yard.
- Adding a paved path from the driveway to your front door and installing lighting along it also adds interest to your yard at night. This is something that can help you get inside safely on dark nights, too!
Change Your Siding
If your house has siding that is starting to look like it's seen a century of wear and tear, it may be time to replace it. Sometimes, homeowner's insurance will cover the cost of replacement siding after a certain number of years have passed or if the siding has been damaged by natural disasters.
When you choose your new siding, consider switching to a color you love. Yellow, pink, blue, or even orange tones can look beautiful set against greenery, and the new siding will give your home a completely updated appearance. Whether you choose beige or opt for a bright color, updating this part of your home can add value and make it more pleasing to the eye.
These are a few ideas on how you can make your house have a curb appeal that you appreciate. Change a few things, and you'll soon love the way your home looks.